As today marks the first day of Christmas around the world I am very excited. However as a fellow Gryffindor I look forward to celebrating some of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry traditions during this Christmas time. What better way to begin then the first sight of snowfall. It brings in the magic of Christmas alive even more. Kind of like the icing on the cake.
Now not all of us live in London, United Kingdom and I can not just hope on a airplane to travel to Europe. I have actually never been to Europe and here is hope one day I can finally visit. Before that actually happens the next best things for us United States fans is to visit the Universal Parks Hollywood or Universal Parks Orlando.
Luckily for me my hometown is Hollywood and I happen to be a pass member. Ever since they opened The Wizarding World of Harry Potter back in 2016, I have visited every Christmas. I simply love the way the Universal staff decorate Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry castle and Hogsmeade.
Universal has a beautiful and huge Christmas right on top of the castle. It is my favorite next to all the lighting decorations. While visitors do get to see it all during the daylight, it is nothing compared to the beautiful night time when they first light up all the lights. From Hogsmeade to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry castle. It is very beautiful and it feels like you stepped into the movies.
Unlike the muggles Christmas. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Christmas is a lot more magically because of magic. While the food is about the same as the school does celebrate with a huge feast for all the staff and students. The gifts are a different story after all. There are certain gifts wizards receives that a muggle would not. For example like a firebolt or magical feather quills.
Even some of desserts can be more fun to eat such as the famous chocolate frogs or Bertie Bott’s Every Bean Flavor. There are however many similar traditions to such as the eggnog, slays, horses, the mistletoe, and don’t forget some of the Christmas music to.
Here are some Hogwarts Inspired Christmas Traditions:
- Mail long distance family and friends with Hogwarts inspired Christmas cards and envelopes. To make it even more exciting, why not make it the style and colors of your House.
- Create some iconic Hogwarts Christmas Feast recipes for your family dinner straight from the movie.
- Create also iconic Hogwarts Christmas Feast recipes for dessert for the big family dinner.
- Get plenty of amazing inspiration from the Hogwarts Christmas decorations.
- Lastly, we can not forget the ugly Christmas sweater that Ron Weasley wore. Why not create your own with your family’s names.